Abstract: Time：May 1st –May 20th, 2019 Location: Beijing, China Co-sponsor： Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Science....
Time：May 1st –May 20th, 2019
Location: Beijing, China
- Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Science and Technology of People’s Republic of China
- Bureau of International Co-operation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- International Knowledge Centre for Engineering Sciences and Technology under the Auspices of UNESCO
- China-Pakistan Joint Research Center on Earth Sciences
- World Data Center for Renewable Resources and Environment, World Data System of International Council for Science
Organizer: Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS
Objectives: This program is aimed at providing technical training for building the resources and environment data sharing platform for Silk Road Economic Belt, and to facilitate more countries to become data sharing nodes with higher initiative and stronger capability. By so doing, to broaden the data sources for data sharing, and establish resources and environment data sharing system to serve cooperation in larger scope. In the meantime, this program will contribute to the talent pool of the Alliance of International Science Organizations along the Belt and Road Region, and provide fundamental data for international collaborative research from the Belt and Road scientists.
- Data sharing platform architecture and technologies of the Belt and Road resources and environment data sharing
- Software development technology for the Belt and Road resources and environment data sharing platform
- Technical standards of data sharing platform
- Application of resource and environment big data along the Belt and Road
- Data sharing resources construction and management technology
- Technology and application of platform for Disaster Risk and Reduction Knowledge Service
- The Alliance of International Science Organizations along the Belt and Road and international cooperation on disaster risk and reduction.
- A deep understanding on technology cooperation along the Belt and Road
- Being part of International Scientists Alliance of the Belt and Road
- High quality presentations from top data scientists and disaster risk reduction experts
- Visiting China’s advanced science data sharing and disaster risk reduction infrastructure
- Attending the World Data System Asia-Oceania Conference 2019 for free (http://www.wds-china.org/meeting201905.html)
- Attending the International Conference on Silk Roads Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development (ICSRRSD 2019) for free (http://www.sidrr.com/)
Training methods:Indoor lectures, computer practices, seminar, field trip.
Class capacity:No more than 20 trainees in total. Estimated trainees by, but not limited to the following countries: Russia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Iran and Egypt. This training targets those foreign young scientists, scholars, engineering or officials who have been engaged in related research or work, but not for students. Applicants from national academy of sciences of each country and age under 40 will be given priority consideration.
Fees: Training cost, accommodation in China will be covered with some additional living subsidies. Round-trip international travel expenses will be paid by applicants.
How to apply:
- Please fill the application form and files attached, and send them to corresponding email before March 25th, 2019.
- All applicants will receive feedback from the organizer. Acceptance notification will be sent March 31st, 2019.
Director of the workshop
Prof. Wang Juanle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact of the workshop
Ms. Wang Yujie, email@example.com
Please download the attachment:http://eng.wdc.cn/static/upload/d1/d1e752e8-3e1e-11e9-adbf-1866dae73633.docx